You’ve been overwhelmed but had fun planning your upcoming wedding day. You found the perfect venue and vendors to deliver the wedding of your dreams. You feel no detail has been overlooked. But with all of this careful planning, you are … Continue reading
We are HAPPY to announce that we will be participating in our first bridal expo!!!!
S.H.E. Event Planning is look forward to meeting all the beautiful Bride to Be’s out there who will soon tie the the knot in 2014-15!!
Our Mission is to make sure your Wedding goes off without a hitch!Us along with our special sponsors are here to make your wedding dreams come true!
Let us create the best experience for you…
For information on tickets to attend:
15th Annual Baystate Bridal Expo
Sheraton Hotel Boston
January 5, 2014
Also Be on the look out on details for our
S.H.E.’s a Bride to Be
So many people ask me do I know of any halls or places to host an event or function. A lot of times there are many options to host your event, but your not quite sure if the space is suitable for your needs or is within your budget. Here’s some insight on what to look for when selecting a place to hold your next special event!
Private or Public? That is the question!
Most event facilities are either privately owned properties or spaces that are open to the general public. Here are a few things to consider, when choosing either a public or private property for your function.
What is a public event space you might ask? Typically public event spaces are your local Veterans post or any local community center. These places offer areas in their facilities for individuals to come in and hosts their private event. What I love most about public venues is they are very lenient when it comes to allowing you to decorate your event without restrictions such as using tape, balloons, confetti, etc. And the best part of public venues is that they allow you to provide your own food if you have decided not to use a caterer. Typically most public event spaces have a flat four hour event fee or a base hourly rate. One of the setbacks of public venues is that because they are public, and often times other things maybe going on during your event; that could be distracting or simply just take away from your event atmosphere. Typically there is no event staff so you’re responsible for the overall setup & cleanup. Things like untidiness, noise, or uncooperative staff are common complaints when using a public venue. If you do decide to go with a public venue be sure to that you arrive early to properly prepare and the venue has a clear understanding of your expectations. After all you are spending your money with them!
A private event space could be a beautiful hotel banquet hall or ballroom. Some restaurants & lounges offer event space, even bars or night clubs! Private venues are great because generally they have décor elements in their space, which you can work with for your own event. Private venues commonly provide linen, silverware and event staff to help you coordinate your event so you don’t have to. Most private venues have an in-house caterer, which is convenient but can also be very expensive. Providing catered food for your guests at a private venue could be anywhere from $4 -$15 per person. The great thing about private venues is that the staff and in-house planner have experience with hosting/planning events and they will work hard to provide and meet all your needs.
Need help selecting the right Venue for your next event? S.H.E. can help you!
Email Us: Sheeventplanning@gmail.com
5 Reasons why to hire an Event Planner?
So you‘re planning an event and there’s a million and one things to do. Rent a hall, order the cake, book the Dj, the list could go on. But question is should you hire an Event Planner? Of Course! And here’s why.
5. Budget: Most people feel that they can not afford to hire an event planner. But that’s not true! An event planners job is to help you save time and money. No budget is too small to hire an event planner. The more honest you are with yourself about the budget the more realistic the outcome of your event!
4. Balancing Stress & Organizing Time: Like the average person your days are pretty busy, with work, school, household errands, and making a little time for yourself. Do you really have the time to handle planning an event from start to finish without feeling tired, stressed, and over whelmed? An event planner will help you relive tons of stress by assisting with those small details one could easily overlook. Like, forgetting to pickup the cake before the bakery closes! When hosting an event you want to be able to enjoy the moment. An event planner will allow you to enjoy that experience WITHOUT -WORRYING about those small details.
3. Catered To You: Your planner creates an event based on your vision, personal style and cultural taste. An event planner makes sure that your event day surpasses all expectations and turns your event dreams into real special moments to be remembered.
2. Just in Case: A professional event planner is skilled and experienced at handling unexpected situations. The goal for any event planner is to always go above and beyond for every client. And to devise solutions to make your day perfect, no matter what it takes.
1. In the Know: A savvy and creative event planner keeps up with all the latest industry trends and stay ahead of the curve. They have the ability to suggest out of the box ideas that will add personalization and a wow factor to your special event!
– Myesha Slaughter Event Designer
Planning an event we want to know about it! Contact us at: Sheeventplanning@gmail.com